As our lives continue to be impacted by COVID-19, we all must do our part to support one another. Here are some ways we can support you through this time of uncertainty.
Things are a little different around town these days. There’s a lot less normalcy and we’re all having to make adjustments. Whether you’re working from home, taking on extra shifts at work, have a house full of kids that are normally at school, are feeling unwell, or are just locking yourself inside, these shifts in life are taking a toll.
Despite the chaos of this moment in time, life goes on. Bills still need to be paid, work needs to be done, the house needs to be stocked, and errands need to be run. We must remember to offer ourselves compassion as we learn to manage the changes to our routines and the added stress of the unknown. Although we’re isolating ourselves in our homes, we needn’t isolate ourselves in our workloads.
This article from the Greater Good Science Center highlights the crucial reality that we’re going to need to lean on each other as we navigate this unfamiliar territory and that there are heroes among us that are beacons of hope and inspiration.
With a landscape that’s changing before our eyes each day, we’re grateful to be in a position to support you through this unprecedented time. We want you to lean on us so you can take care of your own. If we can help take some of the pressure off, you are freed up to help others and play your part in keeping our community functioning.
Our remote/virtual services are available to help you keep your world on track. And our in-person services are here to help reduce the amount of people having to venture out into the world. We are taking careful precautions to reduce our contact and exposure to others and will continue to do so until we deem it unsafe. But if we can take the place of over 50 teams and families for the next few weeks, we’re happy to do our part!
Here are some of the ways we can support you
through these times of uncertainty:
- Cancel or reschedule any appointments you have booked over the next few weeks.
- Book home service consultations. Now is a great time to get some projects moving forward if you’re homebound.
- Stock up on provisions. If you need food, medicine, toiletries, or any other creature comforts now’s a great time to fill up your inventory.
- Arrange a deep clean of all surfaces for your home or business.
- Run your errands. The fewer people out there right now, the better.
- Help a friend out. If you have a friend who is struggling to manage kids at home with their work schedule, perhaps consider gifting one of our services for them. We would be happy to make a delivery or an order on your behalf to help make their lives easier.
- Get supplies to keep kiddos engaged while out of school.
- Start the search for longer term care now. If this situation worsens, you’ll be happy you started the search for childcare solutions early.
- Let go of administrative tasks so you can focus on what’s most important. Whether it’s personal admin or within your business, we’re here to help keep systems running smoothly so your energy is concentrated on being with your kids or managing a shifted workload.
Although of our lives are currently impacted by the disease, we are all empowered to play our part in supporting one another. We hope you lean on us and the other folks stepping up to lend a hand through this experience. We are here to empower you to participate in the world in a way that feels most comfortable to you, despite the obvious discomfort this is imposing on us all.
There’s no way to know how long this will last so it’s important to start taking care of ourselves and each other as soon as we can. We are all in this together. Let’s help each other out.